Tuesday, February 20, 2007

T Tales: A fun night on the 426

Matt sends in his T Tale from last Friday night to charlieonthembta@gmail.com
On Friday night I took the 426 home from Haymarket. There were three
people waiting at the Linden Sq. stop, one of whom walked out into
the middle of the street, anticipating that the bus would stop in
such a way as to allow the prospective passengers to board without
climbing over an ice sheet.

The driver waved her away and then drove around near, coming very
close to hitting her.

When the three passengers came into the bus they began verbally
accosting the bus driver. He retorted with some colorful language
while defending his act of stopping at the designated stop instead of
a slightly more convenient location. This continued until all the
passengers got off at their stops. I also got off with the last of
those passengers, and I was the only one on the bus not screaming.


That sounds like it was a memorable trip.

I maybe wrong on this but I believe it is the CITY and not the T that is responsible for clearing out bus stops. I say this because both Boston and Cambridge have contracted with companies to provide bus shelters.

Sadly I have seen this play out on other bus routes the past few days as most bus stops were in sorry, sorry shape in the Cambridge area.

No comments: